Return to forums
Register new account
Login:

Primetime Championship Wrestling: PCW Roster Chat - Primetime Championship Wrestling

• (1265 Pages) +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

PCW Roster Chat

User is offline   Nomad 

• Legend
  • Group: Members
Nikki Bella has been released due no-showing a chance at the title.

There are two things that will get you released and that's multiple no shows with no reason given OR no showing big matches with no reason given just so it's clear for everyone.

EDIT: No showing a debut with no reason given as well.

User is offline   ADA 2 

• Legend
  • Group: Hall of Famer
  • Superstar:Braun Strowman
  • Finisher:Reverse Chokeslam
  • Record:10 - 06 - 00
What are the chances of someone being nice enough to do me up a nice layout for a roster profile? Lots of love and kisses to whomever helps this lill black sheep out.
Posted Image
Shun by those of the norm I am an outsider. Constantly resisting the status quo. To be labelled as ill-formed. Most avoid my individuality, keep to the everyday flow of sheep. So here I stand my ground. Show the world my darkness. Although unwanted, it holds true. Wanting me to tear it off they urge me to follow, but this I say is to you: I'd rather be a BLACK SHEEP away from the flock escaping all of the lies. Beware those with even the finest fleece for underneath all that wool hides a Wolf in disguise.

User is offline   Sayla 

• Main Eventer
  • Group: Staff Member
  • Superstar:Kenny Omega/Nikki Cross
  • Record:04-03-00/00-00-00
Okay... this RP is getting absurd.
Posted Image

Posted Image

<3 to Zach

User is offline   Covenant 

• PCW Rising Champion
  • Superstar:Alexa Bliss / AJ Styles © / Ronda Rousey
  • Hometown:Columbus, Ohio / Gainesville, Georgia / Venice, California
  • Height:5'1" / 5'11" / 5'7"
  • Weight:102 lb. / 218 lb. / 135 lb.
  • Finisher:Twisted Bliss, Spiked DDT / Styles Clash, Spiral Tap / Armbar
  • Record:5-3-0 / 4-1-0 / 0-0-0
I donno' about you, but I'm feeling PCW Column Number Two.
Big things have small beginnings...
Posted Image
Credit to Zach for the Signatures

User is offline   TwistedBliss 

• Jobber
  • Superstar:Alexa Bliss
  • Hometown:Columbus, Ohio
  • Height:5'1"
  • Weight:102 lbs
  • Finisher:Twisted Bliss (Rounding Moonsault)
  • Record:3/0/0
I didn't realize my one little comment would spark a huge debate :lol:
Posted Image
Credit Liquid Dookie

User is offline   Thicc Style 

• Legend
  • Superstar:Candice LeRae
  • Finisher:Balls-Plex
  • Record:2 - 2
I need someone, namely the person I'm angling with on Turmoil, to respond to my PM. -o- I see you.

User is offline   Twister 

• Upper Midcarder
  • Group: Roster Member
  • Superstar:Johnny Nitro
  • Hometown:Los Angeles, California
  • Height:6 ft 0 in
  • Weight:215 lbs
  • Finisher:End of the World / Fin Del Mundo (Split-legged corkscrew moonsault)
  • Record:14 / 12 / 0

View PostTwistedBliss, on 08 February 2017 - 12:32 AM, said:

I didn't realize my one little comment would spark a huge debate :lol:/>

I was a debate until Matt shut it down.

Will all do respect to women. I come from a martial arts background and I've trained with women. I'm sure there are plenty out there with the skills and athleticism to knock me on my ass, or tap me out. But from personal experience I've always held back. And I'm not talking about it in a patronizing (I'm not gonna hurt a girl) kind of way, but more-so it just wouldn't be fun for them if I used more of my potential to shut down every part of their game.

So the only feasible way I could see a male babyface character written in a match against a Knockout would be for them to spam roll-ups. Even then, that wouldn't solve the conundrum that is RPing against one from a babyface perspective.

Realistically the competitor vs competitor angle isn't the right approach, as the match wouldn't physically be competitive. Whether it's the male dominating or holding back out of good will.

User is offline   kasumi.chr 

• > os.remove("characters/kasumi.chr")

View PostRUNJRE, on 08 February 2017 - 01:32 AM, said:

I was a debate until Matt shut it down.

Will all do respect to women. I come from a martial arts background and I've trained with women. I'm sure there are plenty out there with the skills and athleticism to knock me on my ass, or tap me out. But from personal experience I've always held back. And I'm not talking about it in a patronizing (I'm not gonna hurt a girl) kind of way, but more-so it just wouldn't be fun for them if I used more of my potential to shut down every part of their game.

So the only feasible way I could see a male babyface character written in a match against a Knockout would be for them to spam roll-ups. Even then, that wouldn't solve the conundrum that is RPing against one from a babyface perspective.

Realistically the competitor vs competitor angle isn't the right approach, as the match wouldn't physically be competitive. Whether it's the male dominating or holding back out of good will.

I don't get how that isn't still patronizing.

As someone who also has a martial arts background, I've beaten a bunch of guys and humbled more than a few. And based on my experience, all things equal? Dudes have the physical advantage with strength and reach, sure. Get a good big person against a good small person, big person has the better chance. However, in general, not everything is equal, and if there's a disparity in skill level, the more skilled fighter will still win, regardless of size. I also feel like we have two completely different experiences on the matter, because as far as I understand, you have a grappling background, while I come from a purely striking background. Between our two experiences, we have our personal perspectives on the matter, but in regards to wrestling? It's neither exclusively striking, nor exclusively grappling, and there are a million more ways to fight and beat an opponent in a professional wrestling match than in any actual competitive combat sport. And that means there are a million believably creative ways to get around the size advantage. If you think every match begins with opponents locking up, then yes, males will win. Not every match starts like that though, even amongst guys, and the very fact that there are different ways to approach an opponent means that there are feasible ways for a girl to beat a guy. Thinking outside the box is key, and any intergender match will be a chess match more than anything else. Physical stats only make up half the match, not all of it.

Matt didn't shut down anything, or at least in regards to the actual feasibility of an intergender match. In fact, Matt primarily focused on the logistics of the tag team division between genders, which doesn't really address whether man and women could fight each other, but rather if they should. Which, by the way, on the topic of gender exclusive tag titles, I could really take it or leave it. If both men and women fight for the same titles, I'm fine with that. If men have their own titles and women have their own, I'm fine with that too. Though on that point, I think Briley!Zach made the most important point in that even if there are enough guys to make a tag team division, that doesn't mean any of them actually want to tag with each other. My suggestion for the tag titles was purely on the fact that the Knockouts have tag teams, and the men don't. If more male teams show up, then by all means! Let them have the original titles and let the women have their own tag titles! But just because male teams could happen doesn't mean they will. Teams are flimsy as fuck, whether male or female, and we have a dead division more often than not, so waiting on something that's possible isn't that good if it isn't probable. It's one of those things were like, it'd be nice if it happens, but I wouldn't expect it to, so I'd hedge my bets.

User is offline   Twister 

• Upper Midcarder
  • Group: Roster Member
  • Superstar:Johnny Nitro
  • Hometown:Los Angeles, California
  • Height:6 ft 0 in
  • Weight:215 lbs
  • Finisher:End of the World / Fin Del Mundo (Split-legged corkscrew moonsault)
  • Record:14 / 12 / 0
Katsumi, I mean holding back the same way I would with a smaller, male training partner.

Like, if I strike with a guy who's 135 pounds, I'm not gonna be throwing hard.
If grappling, I'm not just gonna get on top and repetitively tap him from dominant positions. Same goes for a smaller, female training partner.

But a babyface man isn't gonna want to hit a woman, isn't gonna want to do anything to physically harm her. So the RP would have to be about how much they don't want to go through with the match, which I personally think I could sustain maybe one block of speech about.

User is offline   Zach 

• Right Hand of Destruction
  • Group: Administrator
  • Superstar:Samoa Joe
  • Hometown:Huntington Beach, California
  • Height:6'2"
  • Weight:282
  • Finisher:Coquina Clutch; Muscle Buster
  • Record:0 | 0 | 0
I don't know why we're having this conversation still xD It's over and done with as far as Matt and I are concerned.
Posted Image

User is offline   Kingslayer 

• ロックスター
  • Superstar:Shinsuke Nakamura | Seth Rollins
  • Hometown:Kyoto, Japan | Davenport, Iowa
  • Height:6'2" | 6'1"
  • Weight:229 lb.| 217 lb.
  • Finisher:Bomaye | Peace of Mind
  • Record:00-02-00 | 00-00-00
Sure, you guys may have your opinion on it, but that doesn't mean the conversation can't still go on. Not like anyone's being uncivil or flaming or anything like that, so. What's the big deal? xD

User is offline   Zach 

I meant bringing the tag titles back in general. You can argue about Intergender stuff all you want - it's pretty entertaining - but the tag titles are remaining dead until more teams come.
Posted Image

User is offline   Nomad 

• Legend
Yeah. Tag titles are staying down until the teams that are growing establish themselves and show they're staying. I didn't shut down anything. I just posted about how we have a large enough roster to field a division. If the tag titles ever come back? Exclusive or not? That's a question for a different day

User is offline   Kingslayer 

• ロックスター
  • Superstar:Shinsuke Nakamura | Seth Rollins
  • Hometown:Kyoto, Japan | Davenport, Iowa
  • Height:6'2" | 6'1"
  • Weight:229 lb.| 217 lb.
  • Finisher:Bomaye | Peace of Mind
  • Record:00-02-00 | 00-00-00

View PostRUNJRE, on 08 February 2017 - 02:21 AM, said:

But a babyface man isn't gonna want to hit a woman, isn't gonna want to do anything to physically harm her. So the RP would have to be about how much they don't want to go through with the match, which I personally think I could sustain maybe one block of speech about.

It wouldn't HAVE to be about that whatsoever. It's just, again, no one can get past the "oh no I'm facing a woman" thing. But there is plenty more to be said - yes, even by a face - than that. xD

View PostRUNJRE, on 08 February 2017 - 02:21 AM, said:

Katsumi, I mean holding back the same way I would with a smaller, male training partner.

Like, if I strike with a guy who's 135 pounds, I'm not gonna be throwing hard.
If grappling, I'm not just gonna get on top and repetitively tap him from dominant positions. Same goes for a smaller, female training partner.

If you're training, I can understand that. If you're actually fighting, as would be the case in the relevant scenario, then that doesn't apply. In terms of a babyface man, once again, that's perspective. An old school, traditional "wouldn't harm a woman" face? Certainly would have trouble. A more... "modern", you could say, babyface? Would respect the training of the woman as well as the bumps and bruises she would have already taken in the ring beforehand in order to give it his all. I make the distinction between "traditional" and "modern" because the philosophies are really just the crossroads between chivalry and feminism. Both sides are good in their intentions, so either could work. It's really a matter of personal taste as to which philosophy you subscribe to more. And that's really the main issue that I have with all this. To act as if any babyface male would have problems fighting a woman is a fallacy, because you're generalizing all the different types of characterizations that babyfaces can have. White meat babyfaces like Hulk Hogan and John Cena would never do it. Edgier, Attitude Era/ECW faces like The Rock or Tommy Dreamer wouldn't have such reservations. And you can argue how hard they fall on the face/heel spectrum, but the fact of the matter is these guys are booked like faces, treated like faces, and thus are categorized as faces. And yes, I know The Rock had heel turns, but it's a moot point, since Attitude Era Rock wasn't that different between face and heel.

How's this for a compromise. It's harder for some babyface men to hit a girl. In this way, I'm granting you your point that yes, there are characters that struggle with the situation, but I'm also pointing out the generalization in acting like ALL characters would struggle in that same situation, which would not be the case. Even in the current era of wrestling, I can absolutely believe that a guy like Dean Ambrose can fight a girl and still walk in and out as a sympathetic character. It's not about fighting or not fighting, hurting or not hurting. It's about respect. Respect is the backbone of being a babyface. Face turns happen all the time on the basis of showing respect, just as heel turns happen on the basis of showing disrespect. It's just a matter of how you show that respect, and once again, it comes to that chivalry versus feminism philosophy. How do you show your respect? By treating your female opponent like a delicate little flower because you don't want to hurt her? Or by recognizing all the effort in training she's done and putting her to the test? Respect, sympathy, all of these things can be both expressed and attained in different ways, and even if you don't subscribe to a particular approach or method, that doesn't make it invalid.

View PostZach, on 08 February 2017 - 02:22 AM, said:

I don't know why we're having this conversation still xD It's over and done with as far as Matt and I are concerned.

Technically, it was, and no one else is having this conversation but me and Nolan. xD Figured I'd say something though since my original comment was deleted for some reason.

User is offline   Nomad 

• Legend
The original comment was an accident by Kyle. We can't restore it

User is offline   Zach 

Your comment was deleted by accident, I believe. Someone on mobile accidentally deleted it and we couldn't restore it sadly. It wasn't intentional, I promise you that.
Posted Image

Yeah, I was already told, and I was fine with it. When it was initially deleted, I took it as a sign of "eh, let's not make a big deal outta this", so I left it alone. Seeing the thing become this big debate surprised me in that regard. xD

User is offline   Covenant 

• PCW Rising Champion
  • Superstar:Alexa Bliss / AJ Styles © / Ronda Rousey
  • Hometown:Columbus, Ohio / Gainesville, Georgia / Venice, California
  • Height:5'1" / 5'11" / 5'7"
  • Weight:102 lb. / 218 lb. / 135 lb.
  • Finisher:Twisted Bliss, Spiked DDT / Styles Clash, Spiral Tap / Armbar
  • Record:5-3-0 / 4-1-0 / 0-0-0
I was trashed and clicked delete instead of reply and the mobile version of the board didn't offer me a "are you sure?" type thing. Basically don't let drunk me on the site on his phone 😂

Apologies!
Big things have small beginnings...
Posted Image
Credit to Zach for the Signatures

User is offline   Thicc Style 

• Legend
  • Superstar:Candice LeRae
  • Finisher:Balls-Plex
  • Record:2 - 2

View PostUSCSS Nostromo, on 08 February 2017 - 03:08 AM, said:

I was trashed and clicked delete instead of reply and the mobile version of the board didn't offer me a "are you sure?" type thing. Basically don't let drunk me on the site on his phone 😂

Apologies!

Mobile board doesn't offer that, you would need to use another skin like Infinite. That takes you to another screen that would allow you to stop before deleting xD. Just for future, sober use purposes.

Share this topic:

• (1265 Pages) +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. Google