Primetime Championship Wrestling: Canon - Primetime Championship Wrestling

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Canon Or The Inherent Complications of Double Fake Wrestling

User is offline   Rando 

• Lower Midcarder
  • Group: Members
  • Superstar:Chrstina Von Eerie/RPG Vice (Beretta and Rocky Romero)
  • Record:2-0-1/2-0-0
So I have been thinking about a few aspects that a strictly Real Wrestlers eFed brings up and wanted other (ie more experienced) folks approach to these things. Specifically regarding how do you approach canon?

Loosely defined, canon means that things you can assume have happened. Wrestling is a weird crossroads of canon, because there are the things the actual performers did, the things their characters did, and then in this third layer of reality what the eFed variant of their character did. So I was curious how everyone approached these things as being given assumptions.

Did everything that happened in the real-world wrestling storylines before the point they "sign" to PCW considered fair game to bring up?

In the case of a character being picked up, then dropped, does their PCW history take priority over the things they may have done in the real world in the in between? An example: Say Johnny play as Dr. Bonebreaker, then drops him either because he doesn't have the time or has a hankering to take someone else on instead. After he drops the character, the real Dr. Bonebreaker has a career-defining run over at RoH. I come in and decide to pick up Dr. Bonebreaker, whose who aesthetic has changed. Am I beholden to the previous work Johnny did as being established canon, or can I start afresh with the work that Bonebreaker is doing now as my guidance?

Honestly just curious how people approach these various concerns.
Posted Image
Punk Rock Princess

User is offline   Undisputed 

• shock the system
  • Group: Hall of Famer
Anything someone did outside of PCW up until the point they're "signed" is fair game, and character history doesn't transfer between players, as Person B didn't have anything to do with Person A's portrayal of a character. So we don't really feel it's fair to, A, make someone carry someone else's history, and B, take credit for anything a character might have done.

Hopefully this helps out!

User is offline   Rando 

• Lower Midcarder
  • Group: Members
  • Superstar:Chrstina Von Eerie/RPG Vice (Beretta and Rocky Romero)
  • Record:2-0-1/2-0-0
Quite! Thanks for the clarification!
Posted Image
Punk Rock Princess

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users